Dates and Duration
23rd November 2023, 09:00 a.m. – 24th November 2023, 04:30 p.m. (2 Days)
Location and Instruction
Available onsite at Ostfildern or via an interactive online platform.
Instructor: Bernhard Rennhofer, Gantner Instruments
Exploring the Universe of Digital Measurement Technology
Digital measurement technology has dramatically evolved over the recent years, transforming into an indispensable asset across myriad technical applications. It equips us with the capabilities to accurately capture and process measurement data, laying the groundwork for diverse applications such as automation technology, aviation, automotive manufacturing, drive technologies, construction, innovative energy storage solutions, research and development, and beyond. But what lies at the heart of digital metrology?
Aims of the Course
This comprehensive course unravels the principles behind electronic or digital measurement technology. You’ll explore electronic functions including AD-converters, DA-converters, sampling systems, and more, and gain the skills to design and construct corresponding circuits. Beyond mastering the theoretical foundations, you will also get to see these principles come to life through hands-on experiments. By the end of the seminar, you’ll be adept at applying the knowledge you’ve acquired directly into your professional environment.
Thursday, November 23 and Friday, November 24, 2023
9.00 a.m. to 12.15 p.m. and 1.15 p.m. to 4.30 p.m.
- Basic measurement concepts and units (SI units)
- Understanding measurement signals (both digital and analog)
- Exploring AD/DA converters
- Delving into Delta Sigma and SAR converters
- Introduction to Multiplexers
- Diverse measurement methods (Single Ended, Differential, Shielding)
- Characteristics of digital measurement (Resolution, Accuracy, SNR)
- Overview of fault continuation according to GUM
- Measurement of electrical and non-electrical quantities (voltage, current, power, acceleration sensors, resistance, temperature, frequency)
- Absolute encoder insights
- Storage and evaluation of measurement data
- Data logging and analysis
- Overview of Real-time vs. non-real-time systems
- Understanding Fieldbus (Profibus, EtherCAT, Profinet, CAN)
- Exploring IIoT – Industrial Internet of Things (MQTT, OPC-UA)
- Introduction to API and programming interfaces
Ready to step into the future of digital metrology?
Industrial Transformation Asia Pacific 2019
The path to reduced product development cycles, more efficiency and better durability starts with Gantner Instruments at Industrial Transformation Asia Pacific 2019 in Singapore. From 22 – 24 October, the world’s largest full vehicle and component testing and validation technologies and services show will take place!Read more...
Mercedes GLC 350e plug-in hybrid – Photo Session in Schruns
Daimler used our company building in Schruns as the backdrop for the photo shoot for this year’s world premiere of the Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e plug-in hybrid.Read more...
Experience a New Level of Possibilities With Our New Website!
We are thrilled to announce the launch of the new Gantner Instrumentswebsite and introduce you to a few of its features.Here’s a sneak peek of what you can expect to find. “Intuitive Data Acquisition Solutions for Modern Testing and Monitoring Applications" reflects our commitment to providing data acquisition solutions with the best performance, adaptability, and […]Read more...
9 Vital Aspects of Bulletproof Test Cell Systems Integration
You don’t need to design a new DAQ system from scratch. Instead, you can integrate more advanced testing and technology concepts into your existing interfaces and legacy systems – sustainable and cost-effective!Read more...