Q.series XE Bus Coupler for EtherCat
What is the Q.series XE Bus Coupler?
The Q.series XE Bus Coupler connects Q.series XE measurement modules designed for industrial and experimental testing to EtherCAT networks. Q.series XE products are exceptionally well suited for performing highly synchronized, multi-channel electrical, mechanical, and thermal signals measurements on engine and component test rigs and long-term process monitoring applications in EtherCAT networks.
Individual Q.series XE modules are combined with the Q.series XE Bus Coupler to form a custom EtherCAT data acquisition system as needed. You can connect up to 10 modules as independent EtherCAT slaves per bus coupler to an EtherCAT master. For all measurement modules, the power supply, bus interface, and I/O (analog and digital) are all electrically isolated from each other.
Stream data to connected PC for data analysis, post-processing, or storage.
What does the Q.series XE Bus Coupler do?
- Full-range of Q.series X I/O modules available as XE versions
- Available in Q.bloxx, Q.brixx, and Q.raxx form factors
- Pre-engineered onboard signal condition
- ET1100 EtherCAT slave controller that is fully compliant with the
- EtherCAT slave implementation standard ETG.2200
- Distributed Clock for precise data synchronization
- XFC oversampling for data rates up to 100 kS/s
- One bus coupler connects up to 10 I/O modules to the network
- Drop-in replacement for Beckhoff industrial I/O
Flexible EtherCAT Network Architecture
Depending on the complexity of the application, user needs, and total cost of ownership, two different architectures should be considered. Gantner Instruments’ Q.series XE range of I/O modules are EtherCAT slave devices for maximum flexibility and customization. Alternatively, the Q.series XL range of I/O modules can be used as a standalone DAQ System with a controller that provides parallel communication to the EtherCAT network while benefiting from pre-engineered data acquisition functionality.
- The Q.station X EC and Q.series XE BC (bus coupler) head modules are interchangeable to easily reconfigure an XL system into an XE system and vice versa.
- Require a different firmware loaded on the I/O modules to adjust bus communication
- Can be done on-site and “In situ”; no need to return the system to Gantner Instruments
Do you need Q.station X EC functionality?
For EtherCAT networks, you can utilize the additional functionality of a Q.station X controller and its included Fieldbus EtherCAT interface instead of a bus coupler. These Controllers can bundle data from their connected modules. To an EtherCAT master, these Controllers appear as EtherCAT bus slave devices with various inputs and outputs. This setup can satisfy two or more applications simultaneously without restricted EtherCAT functionality by connecting up to 64 modules per controller and integrating several controllers within an EtherCAT network.
Add a Q.station X to an EtherCAT network for:
- Computer-independent data logging
- Up to 64 I/O modules connectable
- Multiple (or higher) sampling rates
- RT Linux operating system for reliable 24/7 operation
- CAN bus port (CAN-FD with external adapter)
- ModbusTCP, Modbus RTU with external adapter, e.g., RS485 to USB
- 2 USB ports for, e.g., GPS mouse
- Time synchronization with NTP, PTP, IRIG
- test.con available (XT-version)
- Multiple interface options, e.g., OPC UA, DDS, and MQTT
If you need Q.station X functionality in an EtherCAT network, you may be interested in the Q.station X EC.
- Q.station X with an extension for EtherCAT
- Footprint: Double-slot
- Acts as an EtherCAT slave
- Q.station functionality, e.g., local data logging/evaluation
- Configurable with standard EC masters like TwinCAT or KPA
- 253 variable read/write with 100Mbps
- Cycle time 100µS
- Isolation voltage of RJ45 Interfaces: 500V DC
- Available in T-version
The versatility of Gantner DAQ products makes them ideal for:
Find the right products for your application in a matter of seconds.